If your clinic is moving to the new Allied Health Service contract on the 1st of November, this guide is to direct you through the transition.
The new Service Codes and pricing rates for the contracts have been added to SubmitKit, but you will need to apply these to your practitioners
Prior to, or after the 1st of November,
In preparation, you can add the new service codes to your practitioners now, or you can also wait until November to add the new service codes. To add the new service codes along with the contract Id:
- Select Podiatrist.
- Tick Include contract codes.
- Select one of the new POD.. codes.
- Add the Contract Id.
- Click Add service.
- Keep selecting the new POD.. codes and clicking Add Service for the rest of your service codes.
You can also associate the service codes with an appointment type/s if you are wanting to.
Note: The following codes will appear twice in the drop down:
POD11 | Podiatry Srv: Abscess/haematoma: drainage w incisn (Serivce Item) (Contract)
POD11 | Podiatry Srv: Abscess/haematoma: drainage w incisn (Appointment) (Contract)
POD12 | Podiatry Services: Nail, simple removal of (Service Item) (Contract)
POD12 | Podiatry Services: Nail, simple removal of (Appointment) (Contract)
POD13 | Podiatry Srv:Nail rem/wedge resect w digital anaes (Service Item) (Contract)
POD13 | Podiatry Srv:Nail rem/wedge resect w digital anaes (Appointment) (Contract)
The description for the service code will have either (Service Item) or (Appointment), in the description.
- If you want an appointment in Cliniko that will be used to bill ACC for the service code, then select the service with (Appointment) in it.
- If you want the service to be added directly to SubmitKit without needing to have an appointment in Cliniko, then select the service with (Service Item) in it.
You can add both the (Service Item) and (Appointment) service codes if you are needing a combination of both.
After 1st of November
- Edit each of the practitioners that will be under contract
- Tick the Under Contract tick box.
- If you have not already added the new service codes add them in as described above.
- Change the default service code to the most common contract code, mostly likely POD22 | Podiatry Services - Follow-up Consultation
- Save those changes
Later on when you no longer need the old service codes, ie you have done all the billing for appointments prior to the 1st of Nov, you can remove the old service codes from practitioners. Make sure that you run the Settings -> Update Appointment Service Codes function to move any appointments off the old service codes.
For Vendors moving to a new Contract:
Prior to 1st of November
There is nothing that needs to be done prior to the 1st of November.
After 1st of November
- Make sure that you have billed for all your services where the service date is prior 1st of November.
- Use the Update ACC contract IDs button at the bottom of the Settings -> Practitioners page.
- Enter the old expired contract ID and the new contract ID then click Update Contract IDs button:
- If there are any new service codes introduced in your contract add those in with your new contract Id.
Your service codes will automatically have the new pricing rates when you bill ACC.
If you need to re-invoice anything under the old contract rates, contact us with the service code you need to bill for and that service code can be created that uses the old contract rates for you to use temporarily.