Welcome to SubmitKit, the software solution that integrates practice management systems with ACC, allowing creation of claims, invoicing, reconciliation of payments, and much more.
- ACC Vendor ID
- ACC Provider ID's for your practitioners, and their addresses
- HealthLink digital certificate. Usually provided on a CD
- HealthLink digital certificate password
- Cliniko Account
Video demonstrating how to set up SubmitKit
Setting up your practice
Only the admin user can perform the functions under 'setting up your practice'. If you have registered an account with SubmitKit you will be the admin user. Learn about users
Head to Settings, and then Vendor. You will be redirected to the Vendor page automatically when first setting up your practice.
Add a practice management system
SubmitKit connects to your practice management system via an API key. Currently Cliniko is the only practice management system which we support.
- Click the 'add Patient/Practice Management System' button
- Enter a label to identify your practice in SubmitKit
- Select the practice management system you are connecting to, eg. Cliniko
- Enter the API key provided by your practice management system - see your systems documentation on how to generate an API key. Cliniko's generate an API key guide.
- Enter an email address for the practice that will be used as a reply to email address for some emails that are sent through SubmitKit
- Select the hours you wish to have displayed on the appointment calendar
These detail can be edited later by heading to Settings then Practice Settings
Add a vendor
Adding a Vendor:
Even if you don't have a separate vendor ID and vendor details, you still need to add a vendor. If you don't have a separate vendor, use your provider ID as the vendor ID
- Click the 'Add a vendor' button
- Enter your vendor name that you have registered with ACC
- Enter your ACC vendor identifier
- Tick 'GST included' if GST registered, and enter your GST number as digits only, without any dashes
- If you will have more than one vendor, you can set a vendor as being the default vendor. The default vendor will be the vendor that will be selected first on the 'Dashboard' page and the 'ACC' pages.
Upload HealthLink digital certificate
- Click the 'Add certificate' button
- Insert your HealthLink digital certificate into your CD drive
- Click the browse button and locate your digital certificate on your CD drive. Click on the file with .pfx as the extension
- Enter your HealthLink password for your digital certificate, then click 'Upload certificate'
Sharing a certificate among vendors
Additional vendors can share the same certificate
Use same certificate for multiple vendors
- First, you need to have added a certificate to one of the vendors, as outlined above
- Click the 'Add certificate' button on the vendor without the certificate
- Select the vendor that has the certificate from the 'Use this vendors certificate' drop-down
- Click the 'Use selected' button
Add claim numbers
Obtaining a range:
Email ACC at number.allocation for a block of ACC45 numbers.
In the email include: Name of your clinic, Provider/Vendor number, contact details and the quantity of numbers being requested up to 2000.
You should get a automated response right away.
Vendor's claim numbers:
Each vendor needs a separate claim number range.
So if you have more than one vendor, you will need to obtain a separate claim number range from ACC for each vendor
You can add claim number ranges during the initial set-up or add them later.
Claim numbers are provided by ACC in a range. Give ACC a ring if you need a new claim number range. You will be provided with a beginning and an end of range sequence eg XX14000 and XX15000.
- Click 'add range' button
- Enter the two letter prefix in the 'prefix' form box
- Enter the beginning of the range (the lesser of the numbers) in the 'Start Value' box. Make sure that you include any preceding zeros eg 00500
- Enter the end of the range (the greater of the numbers) in the End Value box. Make sure that you include any preceding zeros eg 01500
Other users that you have added, can upload their own digital certificate, and add in claim ranges from there own account, from Setting -> Vendor.
If a user has been set up as a practitioner user (ie they only see their own appointments) they will only have access to there own vendor information.
Add accredited invoice details
This step is not necessary in order to work with ACC, but it is needed if you wish to invoice accredited providers directly.
- Click on the 'Update accredited invoice details' button, then add in the details (address, phone and website) you want to appear on the invoice and in the body of the email
- An email address is necessary in order to send and receive emails to and from accredited employers
- Also add in a subject line for the email to the accredited employer eg Invoice from Your Practice Name
- Your clinic details will auto-populate the body of the email sent to accredited providers. You may edit this if you wish. To use placeholder, eg. the patient's name, place the cursor in the text box where you want it to appear and click the 'Patient name' button. The will be replaced by the patients name when the email is sent.
- The additional invoice note gets inserted into the invoice. This is a great place to put your account details so the accredited provider can pay you. Note, you may have to provide accredited employers with proof of your bank account first.
Choosing ACC appointment types
Head to Settings, and then Appointment Types
This is where you set which appointment types will be be ACC appointments.
- First import your appointment type from your practice management system, using the 'Import types from ...' button
- You should be see a list of all your appointment types. Tick which appointments will be ACC appointment types and click 'save'
To effectively use SubmitKit you must have at least 2 appointment types in your practice management system and each appointment type must be used solely for either ACC appointments or non-ACC appointments. You can of course have any number of appointment types eg. ACC new patient, ACC follow up, ACC baby consult, Private Returner, Standard New Patient etc.
Only the admin user can select the ACC appointment types. Learn about user types.
Set up your practitioners
Head to Settings, and then Practitioners
All practitioners will be imported from your practice management system but only practitioners that you include in SubmitKit will count towards the your subscription plan in SubmitKit. Note you can not include more practitioners than your plan allows; to change your plan see 'Account settings'. There is also a limit on the amount of times you can exclude and then re-include practitioners over a period of time.
- First import your practitioners from your practice management system, using the 'Import practitioners' button
- To include and edit the practitioners' details click on 'edit' button. A dialog box will appear
- Tick the 'include' check box. Only the admin user can include and exclude practitioners
- Choose a colour that will be used to display this practitioner on the calendar
- Enter the ACC provider identification given by ACC, eg XXX999
- Choose how this practitioner will bill ACC, either hourly or per-treatment
- Select which vendor this practitioner belongs to. If you only have one vendor at your clinic, there will only be one option
- If you work with ACC under a specific contract rather than the general regulations that apply to practitioners, click 'under contract'. Generally special contracts only apply to some physiotherapists and podiatrists
- Address is the work place of the practitioner. ACC need practitioners' clinic addresses, so include an address. Start typing the practitioner's address in the first address box to auto-populate the address fields. Note: line 1, city and post code are required fields
Adding provider types and services
Practitioners need to work with ACC as a specific provider type and with specific services. This next section involves setting up how the practitioner works with ACC.
If a practitioner can bill ACC under multiple modalities (eg. the practitioner can bill ACC as a Chiropractor and an Accupunturist) or multple services (eg. PHY3 Physiotherapy and PHY7 Physiotherapy Treatment - Post Surgery), these steps will need to be repeated for each modality and service
If a practitioner bills ACC for both contract and non-contractor work eg POD1 and orthotic services, see below.
- First select which provider type the practitioner is eg. Osteopath, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor etc.
- Then select which service you use with ACC
- Selecting an appointment type is optional and should only be used if you have a specific service that you wish to associated with an appointment type eg. "XRAY Chiropractic Xray"
- Click the 'Add service' button and the details will be added to the table below
- Select the default button
- Non contractors can ignore the contract id field
- Repeat these steps if the practitioner provides more than one modality or service. You will also need to set one of the services as a default. The default service should be the one that the practitioner most often uses, and will be set automatically against the practitioners appointments
- Save your changes
- Follow the above steps but also put a contract ID against each service
Combined Contract and Non-contract services
- Tick the 'Under Contract' button
- Follow the steps for adding contract services as described above, entering your contract ID against each service.
- After you have added each contract service that you provide, un-tick the 'Under Contract' button. You will leave this button unchecked now, as you provide both contract and non-contract services.
You will need to reselect your 'Billing Method' to either Hourly or Per-Patient
- Then add each of the non-contract services that you provide. If the non-contract services don't show immediately, briefly switch the provider type to something else then back again to your provider type.
- Save your changes
Combined Contract and Non-contract services
If you provide both Contact and Non-contract services. Add your contract services first. Also un-tick under contract before saving all your changes.
Chiropractors and X-Rays
If have appointment slots in Cliniko for your x-rays, you should add x-ray as a service, and associate the appointment type that use for x-rays with the x-ray service.
If you don't have x-ray appointment slots in Cliniko, then you shouldn't add x-ray as a service. You can still add x-ray service items in SubmitKit, see adding service items.
The service codes CPY, COPY, STPR, 2152 will be automatically added to non-contract practitioners. Contractors will need to add these services in along with their contract number.
If the total number of appointments from all your practitioners is greater than about 60 per week, SubmitKit will run faster if you import patients from your practice managment system first.
- Navigate to the 'patients' page, and click 'Sync patients'. If you have a very large patient base this may take a few minutes
To change the number of practitioners that you can include, go to the 'Account' page, and click the 'Select' button under the 'Select plan' section.
Learn more about changing plans.
You can freely change plans during your trial period without it affecting your trial period.
Bulk import claims
Contact us if you wish to import a list of claims to get you started with SubmitKit.
To invoice ACC you will need to have done the following:
- Added your Cliniko API key
- Added a vendor, with a ACC Vendor ID
- Uploaded a current ACC digital certificate
- Imported your appointment types, and selected at least one as an ACC appointment type
- Imported your practitioners
- Added practitioner/s ACC provider ID and services
- Set at least one practitioner as included
- Imported your patients
To lodge claims with ACC you will need to have done the following:
- Completed step 1-8 above
- Obtained a claim number range from ACC
- Entered the claim number range to a vendor
To invoice Accredited Employers you will need to have done the following
- Added an email address for your vendor/s
Updating your API key
Head to Settings then Practice Settings
Paste your new API copied from Cliniko into the 'API Key' field. Then click 'Save'